iZooto is an audience re-engagement tool that drives higher conversions, order fulfillment, and user callback exponentially. iZooto’s Web Push Notification platform allows businesses to send push notifications to consenting customers on their Mobile & Desktop, without any App.
Hi Vivek, So tell us about iZooto?
iZooto’s a digital marketer’s crack cocaine, helping them with their biggest pain point — user engagement and retention. With iZooto, ecommerce marketers can:
- Retarget users automatically without buying media or worrying about adblockers.
- Personalize notifications by whether user intent and interest.
- Time your notifications for every user.
- Create beautiful notifications that drive user action.
All of this — without bugging your developers.
Tell me more about why you are building this?
In our previous venture, we were focused user acquisition as a problem statement. We were dealing with leading brands across e-commerce, BFSI, Services and education. We did this at a stretch for over 4years. In late 2015, we saw some unique patterns across industries and geographies -
- Most of the mobile apps were just not sticky enough to retain users. Brands driving mobile app installs were losing as much 90% new users in the less than a day.
- The web traffic on other hand showed no signs of slowing down and flaunted a reach which was twice of that of apps.
- Adoption of Adblocker was through the roof. Ace that with poor email open rates.
User acquisition was becoming painstakingly difficult. Moreover, these users were being lost because little attention was being done on user engagement and retention. Metrics such as Lifetime Value (LTV) and Return on Advertising Spend (ROAS) had gone for a toss. With this as the problem statement, we decided to start scratch up. The premise was simple — The browser is more than just another container to load HTML content. This was the same time when Chrome had extended web push notification capability for developers. We decided to put both pieces of context and channel together to create a communication platform that helps marketers develop their stickiness.
What’s unique about what you are building & why do you think companies should use iZooto?
There are a bunch of solutions in the market that website owners can use to setup web push notifications. However, these solutions merely scratch the surface when it comes to sending targeted or personalized push notifications. iZooto’s in-depth segmentation lets customers define and on-board user behavior, actions into structured data which can be used for targeted communication. iZooto has the capability to extend itself and deeply integrate with customer’s existing CRM, saving significant time and efforts involved in onboarding user-data. Our iterative approach towards solving problems for different businesses has helped us create point solutions for industry specific use-cases. For instance, for e-commerce stores, iZooto offers a cart abandonment module that re-targets users who’ve dropped off in the purchase journey with personalised messages.
Lastly, we’ve a fanatic customer success and support team, who empathizes with customers and believes in solving business problems through solutioning.
Can you tell us a bit about the different customer segments using iZooto?
We currently power web push notifications for over 10,000+ websites. 3 key segments have emerged in the last two years for us -
- E-commerce ( Online Retail ) — This essentially includes marketplaces, ticketing portals, niche e-commerce stores. Scale of these businesses varies from anywhere between 20 orders a day to 100K orders a day. Typical end user of the product is a part of the digital marketing team ( CMO’s, Digital Marketing Managers )
- Services ( Software, Banking, Education ) — These businesses focused on lead generation and nurturing leads over a period of time through multiple channels to drive sales. This includes B2B Businesses ( SaaS ), Banking and Financial service providers, Realty, Education. Profile of a typical user in these organisations varies from product managers to digital marketing managers.
- Media and Content Businesses — Businesses that rely on advertising as their primary source of income. For them push notifications helps them add another source of driving repeat traffic and more importantly reduce dependency on social platforms like Facebook. We typically engage with editorial and digital marketing teams as they are the one’s who use the product exhaustively.
How are your customers using iZooto? Could you share a few different use cases?
Use cases vary across segments and marketers across verticals have different set of challenges. Some of the most popular use cases revolve around re-targeting and automation. There are 3 types of segments that we deal with -
- E-commerce — Digital marketing teams of online retail business exhaustively use push notifications as a communication channel. One of their big focus remains retargeting users abandoning cart. They also use sophisticated workflows to automate these notifications.
- Services ( SaaS, BFSI, Education ) — Marketers in this segment heavily rely on push notifications for lead nurturing and retargeting users abandoning enquire. Again automation is an important tactic here.
- Media and Content heavy — Publishers send personalised notifications to their users and generate repeat traffic.A more detailed list of push notification use cases is listed here.
Have there been unique use cases for iZooto that you hadn’t thought of or expected?
Quite a few actually. Lot of niche e-commerce businesses have started using web push notifications as an activation channel, using it to engage with dormant users. Channels like email and banners ads are extremely limiting when it comes to activating inactive users. Most of the e-commerce marketers use different types of communication to activate these users.
Another nice business catering to stock traders uses web push notification to push out stock price alerts and updates in real time. While they push out notifications only during business hours, they have witnessed amazing engagement rates. Gaming communities have also started using push notifications to communicate with gamers regarding latest releases, forum updates and discount offers.
These are some of the visible use cases focused on solving specific business problems.The other part, a set of REST APIs is completely kept open for customers to build and implement their own use-cases.
Were there any early ‘growth hacks’ or tactics that have contributed to your current success?
Freemium as a growth hack contributes significant number of leads for us. We retain our branding “Powered by iZooto” on website on businesses who are subscribed to our free plan. Increased visibility not only results in increased traffic but also results in significant number of users signing up and getting onboard as paying customers.
What were some of the biggest challenges while building the product early on and how did you solve them?
For a fast tracked business, a unique set of challenges surfaces up every quarter. Challenges that bothered us 6 months back have been replaced by fresh set of problems. iZooto is used by all the leading media publications, e-commerce brands across the country. In such a scenario, infrastructure becomes an important piece that needs to be not only scaled but also maintained and optimized for performance. Over 1 Billion notifications are pushed out every month using iZooto. We have focused heavily on setting up an scalable infrastructure that ensures that business can grow without worrying about performance, yet the cost is optimised. We are now focused on extending iZooto to specific platforms, so as to simplify activation for marketers.
What have been some of the most interesting integrations you’ve added? Are there any that have been particularly impactful for you?
As a point solution, platform integrations is important part of our user acquisition strategy. Platforms like Wordpress, Shopify, Magento helps us reach out a niche set of users and solve for specific set of pain points. This further ensures that we are able to go deeper with the user base and cater to their specific problem statements. We have ready plug and play integrations for Wordpress and Shopify. We also have a Zapierintegration which allows users to sync their apps with their push notification feed. We recently shipped out integration with Wordpress VIP — an Enterprise grade CMS. Each integration exposes use to a unique set of potential customers. We have seen a great response from the Shopify Community.
Another integration worth mentioning in our integration with action recorded tool, CustomerLabs. We have worked with marketing teams of varied sizes and have seen them struggling with setting up marketing automation. Action recorded tools like CustomerLabs solve that problem very well and are proving to be of great help to our customers.
Before we finish, what are the top products that you depend on to run the company & how do you use them?
Almost all the teams in the company use multiple products to manage internal as well external communication. Our Sales team heavily rely on Hubspot as our CRM and our marketing automation platform to track and manage customer lifecycle. Hubspot as a marketing automation for managing email based communication including drip marketing, newsletters, product updates and more.
Our marketing stack consists of 7 key products — Mixpanel for product analytics, Hubspot for marketing automation, Drift for live chat, Ahrefs for SEO and competitive insights, G Suite for collaboration, Trello for overall tracking and Slack for collaborating with partners, agencies and other teams. Apart from this, Content team is very fond of SoapBox from Wistia. They primarily use SoapBox to record videos for product walkthroughs and guides.
Our billing stack consists of Stripe and Chargebee. We use Stripe as our payment gateway and also for our recurring billing. Chargebee is used to manage subscriptions, recurring billing and overall pricing modifications. Product team as well the sales team use Chargebee exhaustively.
This interview was originally published on Siftery.
Convert more of your website traffic into sales with iZooto Web Push Notifications. Start your FREE trial Now.